The Wind Gods
- AWEA is a national trade association representing wind power project developers, equipment suppliers, services providers, parts manufacturers, utilities, researchers and others involved in the wind industry – one of the world’s fastest growing energy industries. In addition, AWEA represents hundreds of wind energy advocates from around the world.
- Wind Energy Development
- The Wind Energy Development Final Programmatic EIS evaluates the potential impacts associated with the proposed action to develop a Wind Energy Development Program, including the adoption of policies and best management practices (BMPs), and the amendment of 52 BLM land use plans to address wind energy development. The Programmatic EIS also evaluates the No Action alternative and a Limited Wind Energy Development Alternative.
- NREL National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is the nation’s primary laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development (R&D).
- U.S Department of Energy
- Wind Powering America is a commitment to dramatically increase the use of wind energy in the United States. This initiative will establish new sources of income for American farmers, Native Americans and other rural landowners, and meet the growing demand for clean sources of electricity.
- U.S Department of the Interior – Bureau of Land Management
- The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) was established in 1946 through the consolidation of the General Land Office (created in 1812) and the U.S. Grazing Service (formed in 1934). The functions of the BLM are also addressed in the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 (FLPMA).
- The Alternative Energy Institute (AEI)
- The Alternative Energy Institute (AEI) was formed in 1977 at West Texas State University, Texas, USA, as an outgrowth of wind energy research begun in 1970.
- Oregon Department of Energy
- The mission of the Oregon Department of Energy is to ensure Oregon has an adequate supply of reliable and affordable energy and is safe from nuclear contamination by helping Oregonians save energy, develop clean energy resources, promote renewable energy and clean up nuclear waste.
- Wiki – Wind
- Names of Winds
Meteorologist Crystal Wicker is a television meteorologist for the ABC affiliate in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Energy Facts, Fun & Games, energy history and classroom activities.
The KidWind Project is a team of teachers, engineers and scientists committed to innovative energy education. Our goal is to promote the elegance of wind power through affordable tools and training programs that challenge, engage and inspire students of all ages.
Looking for a unique science and art connection to wind? We found it with Vollis Simpson and his windmill-powered whirligigs.
When you visit Wind With Miller, simply log in as a guest.