Landowner Benefits from a Cielo Wind Power Project
- The landowners have received over $100 million in royalties.
- Total number of acres for all projects is over 90,000.
- Total number of landowners for all projects is 211.
- Wind turbines provide landowners with a constant revenue source through lease and royalty payments.
- Wind turbines and access roads only take up an average of 5% of land. The other 95% remains open for previous land uses.
- Wind farms help create jobs and tax payments for the local community, benefiting both landowners and towns.
Number of Landowners by Project
- Goat Mountain Wind Ranch® – 20 landowners
- Wildorado Wind Ranch ® – 4 landowners
- Caprock Wind Ranch® – 14 landowners
- Brazos Wind Ranch® @ Fluvanna – 12 landowners
- Llano Estacado Wind Ranch® @ White Deer – 20 landowners
- Woodward Mountain Wind Ranch® – 50 landowners
- Hueco Mountain Wind Ranch® @ El Paso – 2 landowners
- King Mountain Wind Ranch® – 23 landowners
- Llano Estacado Wind Ranch® @ Texico – 5 landowners
- Southwest Mesa Wind Ranch® – 61 landowners
“We are so thankful for Cielo Wind Power, and the White Deer Wind Ranch® has been such a blessing to us and our farm. Cielo kept our land so clean during construction and restored everything back to the way it was so we could continue farming.” - Margie Bichsel, Landowner, White Deer Wind Ranch®