The Wind Company
The Business is Wind, the Business is Brisk
Cielo Wind Power is the largest privately held wind power project development company in the Southwest. To date, Cielo has developed 16% of all installed wind power capacity in Texas, and Cielo’s Wind Ranches® represent 5% of all wind power projects in the US.
- Cielo Wind Power capitalized $1.4 billion and installed 1068 wind turbines on over 90,000 acres in our first ten projects.
- As of 2009, Cielo Wind Power has developed and installed 1% of the world’s wind generated energy.
- From 1998 to 2012, Cielo Wind Power developed and installed 1,234 MW of wind-generated electricity throughout the Southwest.
- Cielo developed approximately 20% of all installed wind turbines in Texas.
- In 2000 and 2001, Cielo installed one out of every two wind turbines in the United States.
Cielo Wind Power has an award-winning record of designing and building wind projects that maximize the value of renewable energy while minimizing the environmental impact of site development.
We currently have numerous projects in various stages of development. For a list of projects, please see the Completed Developments section of our website.
Associations and Memberships:
- American Wind Energy Association
- Electricity Reliability Council of Texas
- Texas Sheep and Goat Raisers Association
- Southwestern Cattleman’s Association
- National Association of Tower Erectors
- Fort Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- McCamey Chamber of Commerce
- Ozona Chamber of Commerce
- Southwest Power Pool
- Western Electricity Coordinating Council